LOCATION: Cannon Beach, Oregon, On the Beach between 1st St access point & Ecola Creek, North of Haystack Rock.
Let’s pack up our gear, picnic lunch and of course our Corgis and head out to Cannon Beach for the day! Nothing says Summer Fun like a mob of Corgis enjoying the Sun, Sand and the Ocean Breeze, while raising money for the Oregon Humane Society! All Corgi owners and lovers will be welcome to join us at the event.
Share photos and videos using #OregonCorgiBeachDay2017
COST: There is no registration fee, but we encourage a $10 DONATION to Oregon Humane Society at sign in. So your costs are what you choose to spend on DONATIONS, MERCHANDISE, RAFFLE TICKETS and SILENT ACUTION items.
100% of the Net Proceeds goes to the Oregon Humane Society!!!
HOW TO FIND US: Look for the OHS and Portland Corgi Tents. You won’t be able to miss the mob of Corgis!!
PARKING: Use any PUBLIC or STREET PARKING on the north end of Cannon Beach. (Remember to obey posted parking restrictions.) Cannon Beach is a small coastal town, so plan to spend time looking for Parking.
• 10:00am Event Opens - Stop by the OHS Booth and Sign-in so we can get an official count and make your donation!!! Then stop at the Portland Corgi Booth and merchandise area to get your Corgi Beach Day gear, raffle tickets, and/or bid on the silent auction.
• 11:00am Costume Contest - categories: TBD
• 12:00 NOON Group Photo - try to be there for the photo!
• 2:00pm Raffle Drawing - you have to be present to win!
• 2:30pm Silent Auction - winners announced, you have to be present to win and pay before you take your prize home.
• 4:00pm Event Closes - pack up and head out for a well-deserved Corgi nap!
• Corgi Beach Day T-shirts
• Iron on Patches
• Lapel Pins
• Raffle Tickets - $1.00
***More details/pre-order information to come
• Bring cash/credit for merchandise, donations, raffle tickets and/or silent auction items.
• Bring supplies for you and your pet (Poo-bags, beach toys, towels, sunscreen, swim/safety gear, water bowls, dog leashes, and/or playpens)
• Food and Beverages will not be available/sold at the event. Plan to bring or buy food locally and bring lots of water for you and your dogs.
• Public Restrooms are 3 blocks away from the beach at the nearest access point (2nd street)
• Pack-in/out challenges for the closest beach access points: 1st street has a steep sandy slope and 2nd street has stairs
• Plan to pack out everything you pack in, including pet waste and trash.
PET PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY AND CONDUCT OF THEIR PETS. PET WASTE REMOVAL IS REQUIRED.
Pet Owner/Handler Requirements: The Handler of any domestic animal must be responsible for their animal’s behavior and must exercise direct control over the animal while in the ocean shores state recreation area.
• “Direct Control "means that the animal is within the unobstructed sight of the handler and responds to voice commands or other methods of control.
• Domestic animal handlers must promptly leash animals at the request or order of a park employee and/or event coordinators.
• Handlers must prevent their animals from harassing people, wildlife and other domestic animals.
• Animals may not be hitched or confined in a manner that my cause damage to any natural resources on the ocean shore.
• Handlers are responsible for the removal of the animal’s waste while in the ocean shores state recreation area.
We invite you to click on the links below and learn more about our marketing partners! They offer the best of everything a pooch (and their person) could want -- from cool gadgets and gear to outstanding products and services to healthy food and treats to pet-friendly accommodations, to a whole lot more!